Saturday, April 26, 2014
The Songs of Purple Summer - ScrappyHappy Saturday
And today is the last Saturday of purple. I don't know where April went. I did get quit a few sampler blocks done this week.
I've been learning how to put fabrics together that I wouldn't normally put together. Things are to be scrappy so you use what is in your scrap bins whether they are a perfect match or not. I think it stretches the creativity genes, which is good.
The block on the bottom right is a cat. I need to embroider the eyes and whiskers yet.
Head on over to SoScrappy and check out what others have done with this color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love all your sampler blocks! I think I need to sneak a few more in this month while I have purple out.
ReplyDeleteCute purple midgets. I agree. This challenge has me mixing shades of colors I would not do under other circumstances. But they turn out great in a scrappy quilt.
ReplyDelete