Woo, it's been a busy month! My granddaughter competed in the state Geography Bee the first of the month and of course I had to go watch her. It was a wonderful experience and we are very proud of her finish; 11th out of 100 students. Boy, some of the questions they were expected to know! I sure didn't know them. And then I got to spend five days with her and her brother while mom and dad went to Idaho to look for a place to live. Not happy about the move but they have to do what they have to do. Anyway, I enjoyed the week with the grandkids.
So, all that to explain why I'm so far behind in my green month. Making the umbrella this time in green I just am not as enthralled with it as I am with the earlier colors, especially the orange. Maybe it's having used the greyer greens and not the bright yellow-greens, which I don't seem to have any of.
The contrast between the background and the green just isn't strong enough to make the green stand out, I think, but it will fit in with the others just as well.
I like your sweet green umbrella.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Geography is not an easy subject.
I'm sure it will fit in just right when they're all done.
DeleteWell I really like your green umbrella, very nice. Congratulations to your grand-daughter, you must be so proud.
ReplyDeleteThanks. And yes, I am very proud of my grand-daughter.
DeleteShould I send you a few scraps of bright green to make another umbrella for your collection?
ReplyDeleteI love this block!
Thank you for the offer but I think I'll just keep this one. The others will be the "pop" in the quilt so there should be some "mellow" ones to off set the others.
DeleteI agree, this one is very pretty and will be the 'resting' place in the quilt with all the other pretty blocks.
ReplyDelete