I was thinking this quilt design would look like the grain lines in lumber. With the angled roof I started out okay but by the time I got to the right side the lines were going more up and down on both the top and side of the roof. My biggest problem was travel stitching on the flowing line if I wanted the gap in the middle of the line. It was a concept I had a hard time wrapping my mind around and remembering to do.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Goldilocks Quilt Along #35
I was thinking this quilt design would look like the grain lines in lumber. With the angled roof I started out okay but by the time I got to the right side the lines were going more up and down on both the top and side of the roof. My biggest problem was travel stitching on the flowing line if I wanted the gap in the middle of the line. It was a concept I had a hard time wrapping my mind around and remembering to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your quilting looks great but I understand your problem. When I want to keep something at a certain angle, I often mark a line or two (removed later) to help me see the angle I'm striving for. Sometimes it helps! ~Jeanne
ReplyDeleteI do what Jeanne says too. I love the barn! I need to make a barn quilt one of these days!
ReplyDelete