Saturday, September 13, 2014

Orange Blossom Special - ScrapHappy Saturday

I love the color orange but in looking in my scraps and stash I don't seem to have very much.



I do have some very orange gladiolas that were just beautiful this year.  Fit right in with this months color.











I did get some blocks made.  I really liked the upper right hand block but it was hard to get the seems to come out right so it made the 6 1/2" square.  The plus sign is made out of turkey material.  Can you see the gobblers?  haha.









The four-square blocks were left over two patches that I put together and the other block is called "Confetti".  A whole quilt of this block would make diamonds or stripes.











And the 12 strip block.  These may wait another year to get put together so I can have enough blocks to make a quilt.
















This is a fuzzy, fury material  that I sewed to the fleece in the second picture.  It was kinda messy to work with....when you cut it there was lots of yarn all over the place.  But it is so nice now that it's done.  It will warm some Project Linus blanket child and brighten their day for sure.








Hop on over to ScrapHappy Saturday
and see what others have done with this lovely, bright color.

6 comments:

  1. You got a lot done! I don't have a lot of orange either, but I did enjoy playing with the orange that I had. That project Linus blanket looks so soft and cuddly. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your orange projects. Great orange prints. Some of my RSC block projects take a year, some two years. One took about three years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty orange projects. Those last two look very cuddly.

    ReplyDelete