Saturday, September 27, 2014

Love is Orange - ScrapHappy Saturday


I love orange.  It is such a bright, cheery color.  How could anyone be grumpy or sad when they had an orange quilt to wrap up in?  Drop in on ScrapHappy Saturday to see what others have done with this lovely color.


This is some "eyelash" material that was given to my Project Linus chapter.  I took it and backed it with a orange and yellow fleece, sewing it envelope style.  It turned out so nice I just about decided to keep it but I was sure some teen in need would get much more enjoyment out of it.  Besides, I already have an orange fleece blanket.





This is the block for Leah Day's Building Blocks quilt.  Her's were all the same two materials.  I have never liked track homes so I certainly wasn't going to make four all alike.  The dark house with the light roof has a pumpkin under the window.  I didn't have enough of the house material for that little square so gave them a pumpkin.




The one block I got done for the sampler quilt.








This is the quilt we made at our first Project Linus blanket day of the season.  Used up some left over Halloween fabric.  Trying to think of a good spooky quilting design.



8 comments:

  1. Oh my! I love your orange prints and projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable little houses. I'm so glad you didn't make them like the track row houses that are popping up all over. The project Linus quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great variety of orange projects. Can't help but smile when looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun orange projects! How about spiders, witches hats, bats for spooky designs? A cute pumpkin with swirls would look great too =).

    ReplyDelete
  5. houses in colors are a great idea... want to live in that town! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  6. How big is the strippy quilt? Yeah for orange!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your houses are far more interesting than track houses! What a cute Linus quilt. I'm limited to quilting on my DSM but I've quilted spider webs and pumpkins on a couple of Halloween quilts I made for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your coloured houses. I never liked seeing all the same colour scheme in reality, so I say : let your imagination rip.

    ReplyDelete