Saturday, August 23, 2014

Put The Lime In Da Coconut- ScrapHappy Saturday

I think I'll be glad when summer is over and things can get back to "normal"  (what ever that is).
This month I moved my mother to a retirement home.  And of course, it had to be the hottest summer ever.   She is as happy as a lark.....wishing she'd moved a year ago.  And today it has been raining all day.  At least today wasn't moving day.  Would much rather have heat then rain.  Summer is officially over in Montana, for sure.





I didn't get as much done as last month.  In fact I was rushing this morning to get a few more blocks done.  Actually, I was putting off the king size quilt I need to start quilting for a friend.











I liked using the light green.  A lot of fun combinations.











I had to cut 1 1/2" strips for this block.  Other months I've had enough strips already cut to put 12 together but not this month. 











These are for the Building Blocks Quilt Along by Leah Day.  The center squares are suppose to be something special.  Since this will be a kids quilt these squares seemed appropriate.  I think I should have used different material for the twirls but I really like the way these two pieces went together so used them anyway.  



Head on over to ScrapHappy Saturday  and see what others have done with there light greens.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness, you've been busy, love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful little blocks for the Leah Day project and the Bouncing Betty fabric choices are so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your greens are so bright and happy. Looks like you did find a little time to sew. I really like your ticker tape block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like that twirly fabric in your blocks. It's fun.

    ReplyDelete