Thursday, June 26, 2014

the Yellow Submarine - SdcrapHappy Saturday

I can't believe June is almost gone.  I have been gone every Saturday this month so haven't had time to blog.  I have gotten a lot of yellow used up, tho.






 I think this is going to be the last row of chains for this quilt.  It's just the right size for a Project Linus quilt.  This has been an easy and fun quilt to make.  I was thinking the yellow should have been more in the middle of the quilt but I decided to add each color as they came and the outside is where it ended up.  Maybe a dark binding will help it.


I was wondering if I would have enough 1.5" strips to make this square.  I could have cut them from other sources but I wanted to use up the smaller strips.  



My Building Blocks Quilt-along blocks.  Yes, one is different.  I just didn't have enough of the sunflower material to make four blocks and since they aren't placed all in a row I didn't think it would matter too much.



I was able to keep up with Angela this month in the sampler blocks. They go together so fast.




Jump on over to ScrapHappy Saturday to see what others have done with their yellows.

4 comments:

  1. Love your chain quilt. Great blocks. I've only just started on my yellow blocks. I think I'll be running into next month with them xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chain quilt - it would look good with a white binding - no frame. That would distract from the charming design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful project Linus quilt. You made so much progress this month. Looking forward to the new color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you have really been sewing up the yellow! Love your Linus quilt, very nice and someone will love it so!

    ReplyDelete