Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Jade Monkey - ScrapHappy Saturday Green


It's the last Saturday of green.  It looks like I got a lot done but this is 2 or 3 weeks worth of work.  I got the graduation quilts done and had this last week free to finish up some green things.




Some of the blocks Angela chose for us.





These blocks were made from left over squares from other projects.





My blocks for the Building Blocks Quilt Along with Leah Day





My Stackn'Wack monkeys.  It is interesting how different they all are.  I found that one should use quality fabric for this method because the repeats aren't perfect on the cheaper fabrics.  Not sure yet how I'll finish these.




I did have time to make a quick quilt top.  I love the Houndstooth pattern because to me it looks like cats with their ears and paws.  The green material is some I bought many, many years ago.  I was going to make a skirt with a lot of tiers of ruffles.  In thinking of all the gathering I needed to do I just put it away for another day, which didn't come.  This quilt was much easier then the skirt would have been.


Drop on over to ScrapHappy Saturday and see what others have done.




7 comments:

  1. I love your stack & whack monkeys! The fabric seemed so familiar to me, so I went digging in my fabric shelves and discovered that I have a couple yards of that same fabric in my stash. Now you have given me an idea for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some good looking quilting on those blocks for your Leah Day class. Stack 'n Whack is so much fun - a barrel full of monkey fun for you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I just LOVE those stack 'n whack monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun variety of green projects you have going on. Looks like a great month of using scraps and making more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your scrappy blocks are looking good. I especially like the SnW monkeys.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks! Wow. You have been busy!

    ReplyDelete