Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Green, Green Grass of Home - ScrapHappy Saturday

Well, the graduation quilts are done.  What a weight off my shoulders!  It is sooo nice when something with a deadline is done.  And I finished them with a week to spare.  (Separate blog coming for them).




I was able to get the green chain blocks done last week.  I think one more row will make this quilt just the right size for some teenager.





See that monkey square?  I just had to include it.  I think there was five yards of that material.  I've made two small quilts using this fabric and one of them has the monkey backing.  I still had 2 yards left so cut out  Stack-n-Wack  blocks.  I'm still working on them. 





The Shooting Squares blocks are left over from last  April's green month.  And I must have made too many  Hourglass squares so I framed them only to find I didn't calculate right and had to add an inch frame of the pin stripe to make them the same size as the Shooting Squares block.



This was a fast quilt because most of it was already done.  I had a piece of green minky for the backing that's been around for awhile. I love the way minky drapes and is so cuddly.





 My dear hubby made me this table top that we placed on top of a table my daughter was discarding when they moved.  It is soooo nice.  Every day I use it I love it more and more.


Stop on over ScrapHappy Saturday and see what other green quilts are being made.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new sewing table -- and I love that chain project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how the chain row quilt is coming along. Nice new sewing table.
    Sweet little green quilt.

    ReplyDelete