Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Songs of Purple Summer - ScrappyHappy Saturday


And today is the last Saturday of purple.  I don't know where April went.  I did get quit a few sampler blocks done this week. 



I've been learning how to put fabrics together that I wouldn't normally put together.  Things are to be scrappy  so you use what is in your scrap bins whether they are a perfect match or not.  I think it stretches the creativity genes, which is good. 




The block on the bottom right is a cat.  I need to embroider the eyes and whiskers yet. 

Head on over to SoScrappy and check out what others have done with this color.

2 comments:

  1. I love all your sampler blocks! I think I need to sneak a few more in this month while I have purple out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute purple midgets. I agree. This challenge has me mixing shades of colors I would not do under other circumstances. But they turn out great in a scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete