Saturday, April 19, 2014

Purple Mountains Majest - ScrapHappy Saturday


It's been a long time getting these blocks done.  April has had a mind to throw a lot of other things at me and keep me from sewing quilt blocks.  My granddaughter got accepted to Job Corps and they gave us only a week to get ready.  And then I have two graduation quilts (that aren't purple!)  The tops are finished, just basting and quilting yet to do.








I'm loving how this quilt is turning out.  Realizing I need to take more time to match the squares up as I sew the rows on











.



Wasn't sure I'd have enough different 1 1/2" strips for this block.  Tried to start with the blue-purples and work my way to the red-purples.  This color is like the Teal color of last month......lots of variations





.




My thee 6 1/2" blocks.  Not many to show for the third week of the month. 


Hop on over to SoScrappy and see how other quilters have used the majestic purples.

7 comments:

  1. looks great! I love the chain link quilt- it's a good idea to pick ONE block, and make all that months in that color. I should try that next year....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the chain quilt - super cute! Hope we get to see the grad quilts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to match color, just let them blend and sparkle! All the variations aren't obvious until one lies next to the other, then you see how blue they are or how red. Interesting isn't it? This monthly color challenge has taught me more about color.
    LeeAnna Paylor blog:Not afraid of color! lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your rainbow chain quilt, and the purple blocks. I didn't sew at all last week. We were out of town viewing homes - so no purple at all.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your chain quilt top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete