Thursday, March 13, 2014

March Quilts for Project Linus





This was a month of getting UFO's done.  It sure feels great to get so many of them finished!

Here's my stack to take to Project Linus.









 Gina had put out a plea for large boy quilts in late Dec. or early Jan.  I already had these materials cut into strips so sized the strips and framed them in black.  The problem was in getting it quilted.  I got a cold in Jan and the cold medicine I took gave me a rash on my legs.....just like the reaction I had from the Leviquin two years ago.  There were other things that interfered, also, so now it's March and it's done.







I'd found this adorable combination of fabrics quite a few years ago....a few reorganizations ago at JoAnn's.  It's been made up for a long time, just waiting to be basted and quilted.










This is another quilt that took forever to get finished.  I bought the picture squares so many years ago I just can't think how long I've had them.  Found them in Oregon sometime when we were visiting Aunt Wonlyn.  I think the girls were around 10 & 8,  Just didn't know what to do with them so just kept moving them from one place to another.  There's 10 of the prints, the other one's on the back.





I made this quilt last spring, I think.  The white and green strips had been made for a different quilt but didn't fit well with the other materials so used it for this one.  I had started quilting it and had gotten quite a bit of quilting done when I looked at the back.  I don't know what I did when I basted it but the back was a mess!  Folds every where.  So I very patiently (haha) unquilted it. It sat around and sat around until finally I bit the bullet and finished it.  It sure is a relief to get it done and out of the house.





This was our January block for Project Linus.  It's a disappearing pinwheel.  Slicing the pinwheel in third's each way and rearranging them creates the churn dash with a pinwheel in the center.








There is a blog that started a make-something-from-your-books challenge.  This was the first one I did.  I don't think I'll do any others.....just too much to do.  I did it in February, in which the Rainbow Scrap Challenge color was pink.  This is more salmon then pink but close enough to work for that.  It measures 18 x 24 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment