Friday, January 17, 2014

A Year of Baby Quilts



It was a busy year for babies.  And, of course, there had to be a blanket for each baby.


Starting in October Ken and Lichen Braaten had their second child, a boy named Evan Buster, born Oct. 29, 2012.  This is an I Spy quilt with each square being from a different fabric.




This adorable dog was made for Liam Lucero, born Nov 15, 2012.  He's the son of Kristi and Brady Lucero.  It's also an I Spy quilt with each strip being a different fabric.  Many of the same pieces are in both quilts.

Jeanna Rude brought Natalie, her daughter, into the world on March 1, 2013.  This quilt was done in the Jelly Role method, sewing all the 2 1/2" strips together, end to end, and then starting to sew the long edges together.  This is a fun way to make a quilt and no two quilts ever come out the same.


 For Chance and Beth Benedict's adorable little Lexie, born June 8, 2013, I made this framed blocks quilt.  There are some cute fabrics in it.

 Kara and Tanner Jossi chose a Dr Suess theme for their son, Wade, born Nov. 14, 2013.  I thought a One Fish, Two Fish quilt would be appropriate.  The only problem....I put the Blue Fish on the top instead of the bottom where it should have been.  Avoiding copy write laws, don't you know.  Oh well.  I put a hanging sleeve on the back just in case Kara wants to hang it on the wall instead.




These are just the babies I made quilts for.  There were many, many more born in this time frame that I didn't make quilts for.  I'm glad I didn't make one for each baby.  Now we get to watch them grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment