Saturday, December 7, 2013

ScrapHappy Rainbow Roundup

Brrr Brrr!  It has been a very cold week since Wednesday.  We haven't been above 0* for the last 3 days and have set record cold temps for each of those 3 days.  Wonderful time to stay indoors and get lots of quilting done.


With no color designated for the month of December I had to decide what color the last block should be.  I decided a light yellow-green would be great, balancing the bright yellow, light blue, and pick blocks.

Then came the choice of sashing.  That was harder because there's so many colors in the Danish Delight blocks.  I picked a floral with a good array of pastel, rainbow colors.  I'm not sure it was the best choice but if I quilt it heavily it should let the blocks show up a little better.

I'm waiting for a special material to finish the umbrella's.  Should be able to pick it up tomorrow and will work on it this week.  Also, I have to decide what color the 12th block will be.

This year has been fun and I'm looking forward to next years scrappy challenge.   To see what others have done with all these colors go to ScrapHappy Rainbow Roundup 

6 comments:

  1. It's awesome, I love your sashing selection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We'll see what the quilting does to it.

      Delete
  2. I love your blocks all together. They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was a fun and easy quilt to put together.

      Delete
  3. The fabric you put between the blocks goes perfectly with all the fabric colors. What a fun quilt it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do think it will turn out alright.

      Delete