Saturday, December 14, 2013

A wonderful year of Scrappy Colors

And here we are at the end of our year of using up scraps.  It has been such a wonderful feeling to get many of my very old scraps used up.  Looking forward to what next year has to bring. 

We still have lots of snow even tho it's warmed up some.  Looks like we'll get some more cold before it's over.  As I keep telling the hubby, "It's still winter."



I'm so happy with the way the umbrellas have turned out.  Had to pick a color for the 12th block and decided to balance the quilt with a gold.  
I had planned to use a rainbow stripe for the sashing but my daughter suggested a blue with raindrops.   Didn't find any raindrops but did find this batik that looked like water puddles.  Thank you, daughter, for the suggestion, it was a great idea.

I'm going to wait to quilt it for awhile.  Have too many other quilt tops that need to be quilted.

Jump over to Scraphappy Saturday to see what projects others have been working on.  See ya next year.

Have a wonderful Christmas
                                  and a Happy New Year.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! It looks really nice!! And happy! Water puddles works just as well as rain drops. And as far as cold weather goes, just a reminder that it's not "still winter", according to the calendar, it's "not even winter" yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love it. Your daughter is one smart lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful scrap project! I enjoyed seeing each block as you sewed them and they look terrific together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blue sashing is perfect! It's beautiful. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful quilt. I love the sashing fabric. Someone is going to love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect sashing choice. I'm always torn on what to use for rainbow quilts as year. Each time I pull out a rainbow stripe and each time it goes back in place of something more neutral. The water fabric gives the perfect backdrop. What a fun quilt it turned into!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful, and the blue really brings it all together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete