Sunday, October 27, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday Shadow Play

Where has the year gone?  It's the last Saturday of October and next Sunday week we'll get to change our clocks back to normal time.  I think my body's clock has already adjusted to that time.

I gathered up a lot of different Halloween fabrics and made this cute Halloween quilt.


Not too many blacks in it but had to add it for the seasonal aspect of it.  It was easy to make.  I might try it in a more planned color theme next time so it looks more like it's woven.










This was the pattern we made for Octobers Project Linus quilt.  I'd been saving up these music theme fabrics and threw in a red solid and a white solid for contrast.   The sashing is a piano key boarder from some Elvis material someone didn't want and gave to PL.  It was a perfect fit for this piece.

Hop on over to Soscrappy to see the other shadowy projects.

4 comments:

  1. What fun colors with all the black. Just perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly colorful, fun quilts! I love them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the music quilt. I think you should add a close up picture, because I can't tell that it's a music quilt, and I'm curious about "Elvis fabric"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the picture and it gets bigger. And the "Elvis" fabric is just the sashing - the piano keys.

      Delete