Thursday, September 26, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday Baby Blue


Here it is the last Saturday of September and we've had some cold rainy weather and I started the first wood fire in the stove.  It seems way to early for that but as it's our main source of heat and I don't like to be cold there's not much choice.

I wanted to do something quick and simple for my scrappy baby blue quilt so I chose a pattern from Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting web site called Anni by Heather Jones. Her quilt was 68" square.  I made mine about half that size.

This was very simple and it went together very quickly, fitting all my requirements.

After I had three sides of the borders on I realized two of the panels were going the opposite direction form the original pattern.   Oh well!  I think it's a pattern that can have a few different looks.  I didn't really want it to be just like hers anyway.  :)     I'm calling it Baby Blue Annie.

No comments:

Post a Comment