Saturday, August 31, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday Red


Boy, can you believe this is the last Saturday of August?  And I can't say I've gotten much done in the red department.   It was a busy month.  Took a much needed vacation to see both daughters and the grandchildren.  The oldest one was suppose to come home with me (she's 20) but she had something to finish up after I left so she'll have to come at a later date.



Getting my red scrap box out was fun.  I think this is a wonderful idea because my scrap boxes get cleaned out and all the small stuff gets cut into squares and put in the appropriate size box of squares.  I use a similar storage system as Ann Weins from Sweetgrass Creative Designs so it's nice to get all the small squares put together.



Every square is a different material and I wasn't sure I'd have enough pieces.  There are some pieces that I've had since forever.....small flower prints from the 1980's,  It feels really good to us them and know they won't look too out of place with the other, more modern pieces.

For more red scrap projects jump on over to Scraphappy Saturday.
Also linking to Barbara's Cat Patches for the August NewFO Linky Party.

13 comments:

  1. That is the nice thing about this challenge, using up your long lost scraps. You do sound Really organised though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this little red quilt. And you are so right about saying they all look alright when it all comes together in a quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pictures, and thank you for the link, I might have to get that book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red quilt, and all the fabrics look great together!
    Keeping the scraps organized makes it so much easier to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. Is that the BQ pattern

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet little quilt. That's what I like about this scrap challenge. It forces me to address my scraps. Sometimes I hate to see the last scraps of some of my favorite prints used up, but it's good that they don't linger in the scrap box forever : D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! They all go together nicely

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the way you decided to use up your red scraps. I use Bonnie Hunter's scrap user system. Your reds all look great together. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this quilt. So lively in red and looks fun to do. Will add to my bucket list
    Aileen in FL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice transformation of red scraps! Love the mixture, especially the flags popping in the middle area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea! I like the Flag fabric in there, for just a pop of something different too. Nice Quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is too cute! All those different reds look great together.

    ReplyDelete