Saturday, May 11, 2013

Scraphappy Saturday Challenge - Bright Blue

For this month of scrappin our hostess chose blue but then divided the blues into three different categories.......bright blue, pastel blue, and turquoise blue.  Diving into my blue scraps and trying to divide them up was a challenge in itself.  My blue scraps are really dwindling.  For some reason, since I'm not a blue person, a few years ago I had more blues then you could shake a stick at and now, after a few blue themed quilts for graduations, I find the scraps are disappearing at an alarming rate.  Which is a good thing, I think, as most of them are 20 to 30 years old.

I tried a lot of different scraps before I found the perfect 8 (not that it's perfect perfect).  This is a very fast block to make now that I've made 5 of them.

Linking up with Soscrappy.

7 comments:

  1. I like this block. The colors look perfect to me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute block and great scrap buster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Great to hear you are clearing out the scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look perfect to me! A very pretty block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As it is yet another wet morning in Washington State this block is so reflective of ME! Being raised in Sunny Southern California I find myself a bit blue with the rain that seems to always be lurking here in Washington! I do love the many shades of green we are privileged to have all year long so I suppose my shades of blue are paled in comparison, still a little sun goes a long way! However if I had a lovely umbrella like this I would happily be snuggled under it nice and cozy stitching the rainy days away!

    THIS IS A GREAT BLOCK! I AM GOING TO HAVE A GO AT MAKING ONE MYSELF THIS MORNING!

    ReplyDelete