Wednesday, May 22, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Bountifully Bright Blue

Continuing the Bright Blue theme for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge with a quilt top that I really like.
I wasn't sure I'd have enough of the white with the blue flowers, had to cut two pieces on the bias instead of the straight of grain, but when I sewed them all together I couldn't tell when I put them in. 
















I thought I'd never get done piecing the 17 nine-patches but they really didn't take that long.  My blue scrap box is really starting to look empty.  I might have to switch it with the green boxes soon.  I have lots of green scraps left. 

 I was too late in getting the green quilt done so I thought I'd add it today.  I just did a simple decorative stitch around the four patches.  When it was done it had a nice puffy look to it.


7 comments:

  1. Great quilts! You have been busy! It took a second look to see how the blue blocks went together. Very nice : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blues are lovely together. AND a green one! You have been the busy bee sewer this week! I love it!! hugs, julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both quilts are adorable. Great finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts. You have been busy. I love the blue and white fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your green quilt, love the blue top too. Such fun, bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! Looks like you are really making good use of the time spent on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blue quilt (my favourite colour) I really like the joyfulness of the white and blue flower print.

    ReplyDelete