Saturday, March 2, 2013

Scraphappy Saturday - Orange

 It's March and the new color for Scraphappy Saturday  is ORANGE.  I just love orange and was really looking forward to this color.  What a surprise when I started looking at my orange scraps and found out I didn't have very many. 
 

 And the grading from light to dark just wasn't very good.  My light oranges almost look more pink then orange but put next to pink they are definitely orange.   Also, the difference between yellow-orange and red-orange seemed to be miles apart.  I had a very orange piece that just didn't go with these. 
 I really love the brightness of this umbrella.  So cheery.  It would be so much fun to run thru a gentle rain flourishing this bright orange umbrella.  Can't you just see the rain drops dancing on top of it?

8 comments:

  1. So cute. I love the orange Umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this block. This is going to be a wonderful rainbow quilt : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you came up with a lovely collection of oranges. What a sweet block.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! You could quilt some rain drops when they are all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, Cindy! Would be super cute framed on a wall. Eva is really into umbrellas right now- thanks to Mary Poppins :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cute pattern. Looks great

    ReplyDelete