Saturday, January 26, 2013

ScrapHappy Saturday - Pink

Decided to participate in the Rainbow Challenge over on SoScrappy's blog.   Pink is not a color I use very much in quilts so planning a complete quilt in pink was different.  I started out thinking I would be able to use each fabric just once but soon found out I didn't have that many different fabrics.  I'm not sure what the pattern is but it's similar to a lot I've seen on Pinterest.  I love the white with the pink, it gives it such a fresh look.  This is a small quilt, just right for some lucky baby girl.








 In my stash there was this cute gingham check that had embroidered roses on it.....just had to add a couple of strips of it to the quilt.


Love the challenge of focusing on one color.  I'm looking forward to each month and a new color to work with.

Linking up with SoScrappy.  Take a gander and see what others are doing.



EDITED Feb 22, 2013
I finally got the quilt done.  I added a border to it and it makes it more finished.  I have a terrible time deciding how to quilt my quilts.  So, as this is for Project Linus, I quilted the Project Linus heart.  I am very pleased with the way it turned out.



15 comments:

  1. I like this block, too. Made a LOVELY. sweet pink quilt!
    Did you use 2.5" squares and 2.5" strips to make this block?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The squares finished at 2.5" and the strips at 1.5" making the block finishing at 8". The sashing is 1".

      Delete
  2. Lovely blocks! Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice collection of pink. Glad you were able to put yours to good use. Sometimes it is nice to move out the colors that we aren't in love with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, there are a lot of "old" pieces that need to be used.

      Delete
  4. Wow, a whole quilt! Just working on blocks here and hopefully I'll have a quilt or two at the end of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This quilt is under 40" x 30" so it went very fast. It is just a top right now. Finishing to come later.

      Delete
  5. Great job on getting a quilt done this month! Mine took me three years of this challenge to get it done. Your quilt is very sweet and some lucky little girl will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the top is done. Being it's small (under 40" x 30") it went very fast.

      Delete
  6. Great job! Looks a lot like the Crossroads block that I've been doing but just a little different :*) Makes such a sweet baby quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. I love your little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful colours! I love it, so cutsy and elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete