Sunday, December 23, 2012

UFO Sunday - Christmas quilt

I am so, so glad that Leah Day started UFO Sunday!  Things are actually getting done.

My hubby suggested I make a Christmas quilt about 6 years ago.  I designed my own pattern using the method in the book Crosspatch, Inspirations in Multi-Block Quilts,  by Pepper Cory.  I must have a problem figuring out yardage needed because, again, I couldn't finish this quilt because of being a quarter of a yard short of the main material.  All I needed were 27  3 1/2" squares of the white material.
In trying to figure out how to finish it I decided to use a plain white since I could put the blocks on the outside of the quilt and it wouldn't show that much.

I had did some ripping and some re purposing of the white/gold material and add the plain white squares to fill in.  All in all, I think it turned out okay.



Now all I have to do is baste it and quilt it.  That may be put off again as it's a queen size quilt and right now I don't have any place to stretch it out to baste it.  But the top is done, a good feeling.


2 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, way to go! This is really cool - I love how it looks like ribbons curling from star to star. Quilting is going to make this really sing.

    ReplyDelete