Saturday, November 3, 2012

Barn UFO - Finished!

I have a finish!  I'm so thrilled to finally get a UFO done.  Once I set my mind to it the job was quickly done.  I think there's a few little tweaks I could make but for all aspects it is finished.

 I used a form of Flowing Lines from Leah's Go with the Flowing Lines tutorial from the beginning of October to make the grass at the bottom of the quilt.  I used a light sage green thread for the grass.  I didn't want it to show up too much but still add texture.  And I put in a pebbly walk way to the barn door.  In an earlier post, I showed the Goldilocks design that Leah taught us a few weeks ago.
I wanted a sky that looked like there was air movement and
 clouds so used a simple line with  curves.  I like the way it turned out.  Now I just need to soak it in water and hang it on the wall.... after I show it to my mom, who made the top.  She should be very happy to see I finally did something with it after all these years!


4 comments:

  1. You did such a beautiful job of quilting this! Your mom will be thrilled I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! Your mom will be very happy, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how pretty, and great quilting!

    ReplyDelete