Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Goldilocks Quilt Along #35

The week seems to go by so fast and it's Wednesday again.  I didn't do my homework on Leah's Goldilocks Quilt Along on a quilt block this time, I used it for the roof of my UFO barn.  It didn't turn out quite as I envisioned it.


I was thinking this quilt design would look like the grain lines in lumber.  With the angled roof I started out okay but by the time I got to the right side the lines were going more up and down on both the top and side of the roof.  My biggest problem  was travel stitching on the flowing line if I wanted the gap in the middle of the line.  It was a concept I had a hard time wrapping my mind around and remembering to do.

                                                                                                                                 
 
You can see the detail a little better in this close up.  The gaps with the stippling are suppose to be knot holes.  I didn't put too many gaps in, didn't want it to look like they used a lot of bad lumber for the roof.   :>)


2 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks great but I understand your problem. When I want to keep something at a certain angle, I often mark a line or two (removed later) to help me see the angle I'm striving for. Sometimes it helps! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do what Jeanne says too. I love the barn! I need to make a barn quilt one of these days!

    ReplyDelete