I was thinking this quilt design would look like the grain lines in lumber. With the angled roof I started out okay but by the time I got to the right side the lines were going more up and down on both the top and side of the roof. My biggest problem was travel stitching on the flowing line if I wanted the gap in the middle of the line. It was a concept I had a hard time wrapping my mind around and remembering to do.
You can see the detail a little better in this close up. The gaps with the stippling are suppose to be knot holes. I didn't put too many gaps in, didn't want it to look like they used a lot of bad lumber for the roof. :>)