Sunday, September 23, 2012

UFO Sunday #5--Hearts & Bows


I can't remember when I started this quilt.  It could possibly be my oldest UFO.

 I had planned to embroider a babies name and birth date in the center block but for some reason (lack of baby?) I decided to put another heart block in the middle only to find I didn't have any more purple pin dot material.  Trying to find material to match that purple was impossible and has been up to now.  No, I didn't find pin dot but I did find some plain purple that went very well.  Just had to wait for the shade to come back around again, I guess.

 So then all I had to do was finish the heart block, cut more sashing and posts and I'd be in business.  At this point life interfered again and now I need to get back at it.  But the quilt's in no hurry to get done......after all it's been at LEAST 25 years or so since I start it......what's a few more months?

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely. Yes, it can wait a few more months, and it will feel so good when it done. Earlier this year I finished one that was started in 1991. I do still have a few old(adult)UFOs waiting.

    ReplyDelete