Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Snake Paisley - Quilt along #32

Continuing with the pivot designs on The Free Motion Quilting Project I found this design easier to do then last weeks Lava Paisley but I think it's because of having done the Lava Paisley.  It helped to have that design under my belt.  I continue to appreciate the progression of the designs and the fact we are building a repertoire of quilting designs.

 Others have mentioned this design reminded them of flames.  I was thinking it would look great as leaves around a flower design.....just one here and there.  This design gives great texture and movement to this piece.

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you this could easy look like leaf paisley.















































    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny but yours really do look like leaves. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought of leaves too when I stitched mine out. It may be that I used green fabric:) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am inspired by your practice blocks. I cut some batting out several months ago to do the same thing and uumm they seem to have become a UFO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be of some help. Having things preplanned and precut helps a lot. I've been finding I need to do the practice block right away or I'm scrambling to get it done. Good luck.

      Delete