Thursday, September 13, 2012

#30 - Paisley

 It has been a hectic few weeks and I'm glad for every little bit of time I can quilt.  I loved doing the Paisley design and loved the way it filled the practice block.

I liked the way the traveling stitches bring dimension to the design.  Leah did hers on the sashing of her quilt and I have a quilt that will be getting the Paisley quilting in it's sashes but doing it in a block I can see it will get used in a quilt top of my grandmothers that needs finishing (something for UFO Sundays)

King's Highway
I did get the homework done from week #28....Auditioning Designs.  Using the small scale for the audition was okay but I think it would be much better to do it on a full scale piece.  I didn't feel it really gave me a true example of what it would look like in real size.

I also felt limited in what quilting designs to use because of my limited knowledge of designs to use.  I'm really glad Leah is teaching us some new types of designs and feel these will help me in the future to choose designs that will fit the area to be quilted better.


Interwoven


















2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that you started the paisley design in the center of the block. I am going to try that with the new design.

    If I were quilting your top, I would follow the light and dark paths - each path with its own design across the quilt; instead of a separate design for each cluster. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To pick a design is the hardest decision! If it were me, whatever design I chose, I would do the same all over. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete