Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cucumber Vine Quilt-a-long

Phew!  What a busy week.  Shopping with my daughter and 2 grandkids, going to the fair with same, a planning lunchen for Project Linus, and Shakespeare in the Park two nights in a row.  Enjoyed every minute of the week but it's hard to squeeze quilting into all that.  But I did find a few minutes, and I'm glad I did. 

Our lesson was Cucumber Vine with more travel stitching but with curves this time.  Harder and harder but oh so pretty!  That means only one thing.....practice, practice, practice.

 Last week I completed the assignment for the July free-motion-quilt-challenge by Angela Walters.  The idea for the quilting was very similar to the wonky quilts we did with Leah a few weeks ago.  I used the same wonky pattern from Leah and used Angela's quilting design....tiles.

She filled her tiles with curly cues while I filled mine with stars, since the squares were floating in the universe.


2 comments:

  1. Love your cucumber vines! You did a great job of quilting! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so agree. Much harder than the last designs. It looks pretty great, though! Love your wonky quilt!

    ReplyDelete