Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Modern Quilt - Finished!







  What a fun and quick project Leah Day gave us this time.  I started with my favorite stitch, loopy lines just to feel comfortable.


  As I added the different stitches it got easier and easier.  I've decided the sharp stippling, was not one of my favorites!  I just couldn't seem to get the design set in my head.

And I had tried the circuit board earlier and felt it would be my hardest stitch but it turned out to be much easier than I had first experienced.  This is the "heart" of the quilt. 
 The backing material is a fun old print, who knows how long it's been around!

5 comments:

  1. Your quilting looks great and I totally agree; sharp stippling is the hardest one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sharp stippling is very hard indeed. It's so freakin' pretty when Leah does it, though. I love your quilt! The backing fabric looks like an oldie but a goodie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great - how nice to have a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant job...yes, also found sharp stippling a bit of a challenge and had to really concentrate on the shape.

    ReplyDelete