Monday, July 30, 2012

July FMQ Challenge

Having followed Angela Walters for awhile I was excited that this months challenge was by her.  And a real challenge it was.  I made a wonkie quilt that Leah Day taught us how to do and applied Angela's tiles to it.



Being it was a space themed quilt I filled the tiles with stars.  It's hard to see the tiles in the picture.  This was definitely a good practice in straight lines.  Thank you, Angela, for a wonderful lesson.



I had the opportunity to use an older longarm quilting machine and gained a lot of respect for Angela and others who quilt with the longarm machine.  The detailed work they do and their perfection is amazing.  It was my first time and I followed a pattern but if I use it again I'm sure I'll do it free motion.
The pattern I choose to quilt in orange thread didn't show up too well on the front but really looked sharp on the back

No comments:

Post a Comment