Friday, June 29, 2012

Quilt Along #20 - Modern Quilting Design

Leah Day started us on a new project that is going to be lots of fun while challenging my traditional views.  We are to take squares of any size and sew strips of background color on two sides and then cut it so the square is wonky to the square.
 I picked fabrics to make a baby quilt, something small for the first time.  I make most of my quilts for Project Linus so this will be a fun quilt for some little kid.
The real challenge was arranging the blocks with more background fabric.  This was as good as any. 


 Now to put it all together and start quilting.


4 comments:

  1. You are putting together a really cute quilt! Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have it figured out, nice job. I'm not a quilter but I have a couple of projects on my shelf to cut my teeth on. someday. I'll have to pop in often to learn something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to be a cute baby quilt. And your quilting will look great on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors - will be fun to see the finish!

    ReplyDelete