Thursday, June 7, 2012

Paper Pieced "Kids Picnic"

 The College of Great Falls has sponsored small classes in March in past years.  I took a paper piecing class given by Ann Wiens of Shelby, MT in 2010.  I wanted to make my project with fabric I had on hand.  I started with a cute kids picnic print and built on the colors in the print.
In my stash I found the yellow, red and cream tone-on-tone.  None of the greens I had would work so had to break down and buy one piece.  Not too bad.  

In class I was only able to get a few of the blocks done....another UFO to take home with me. 

I surprised myself and got it put together and quilted that same summer.  I didn't put any batting in it as it is to be a wall hanging.  And then it became an UFO....again!  I wanted to bind it in the green but I hadn't bought enough of that material so put it on the shelf for a couple of years.  It's been in my face the last couple of months so when I ran out of thread for another project I decided this was the day to get the binding on. 

I couldn't decide how to quilt it so I just quilted in the ditch around the bigger squares.  Since then I've found Leah Day's Free Motion Quilting blog and think I'll do some FMQ to give it some depth.  So, even tho it's "finished" it becomes another UFO!  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment